cdrom won't initialize during install

Evan Read (eread@netaccess.co.nz)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:56:59 +1200

here is the question I posted in IRC:

     hozer: problem with YDL?
 Militant_: yeah.... I am attempting to reinstall YDL distro and the cdrom
isn't initializing (on a Rev B iMac)... "Can't find /bin/insmod"
 Militant_: then when it comes time for the installer to scan the apckages
I get "abnormally terminated: recieved signal 11"
 Militant_: obviously can't find the CDOM that isn't mounting during
installation... I have tried twice now...
 Militant_: I was aware that this happened once in a while (where the
hardware would mount the CDROM so YDL couldn't - or something to that
effect) but shouldn't happnen twice.... any solutions?

how about it? I am sure someone here has hit this before....

thanks...

--
Evan Read