RE: Not reading CD-ROM.

Velasquez, Carlos (carlos.velasquez@ssmb.com)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:51:56 -0400

SUCCESS at last!! I finally got Yellow Dog linux to install on my SuperMac
S900 (although I did get a bunch of error messages stating that a bunch of
rpm modules were not found[[but that is another battle I will fight later)

Originally, the problem was that the YDL installer ketp dribbling back some
message like "mount failed.. could not find scd0 (the CD Rom). After playing
around with my extensions on the MacOS side it turns out that I had both the
apple CD rome extensions and FWB's CDTool's CD rom extension both enabled.
Unfortnately, when installing the CDTool software and upgrading the cd
driver, it does not disable the apple cd[rom driver. What you want is to
keep only one enabled (the CDTool driver). That should do the trick[[or at
least for me it did...now to deal with those missing or unrecognized rpm's.

Carlos

P.S. Anyone know the kernel arguments for getting the ixTwinTurbo 8Meg video
card to work__ I know there is a tt128mb8 in there some where.

C.F. Velasquez
Asst. Vice President
Global Database and Technology Division
Salomon Smith Barney, Inc.