RE: What steps to set up an up-to-date system?

Jeff Ridder (jridder@isdirect.net)
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:29:13 -0800

I was wondering the samething. I went through this lastnight, and it's
a pain to have to figure out which rpm needs to be installed prior to
this rpm. Would be nice to see a script for this.

Jeff Ridder
jridder@gci.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Reid Ellis [mailto:rae@tnir.mef.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 1999 4:07 PM
To: Yellow Dog Generals
Subject: What steps to set up an up-to-date system?

I'm re-installing YDL from scratch, and thought that it would be useful
if
we could put together the steps for setting up an up-to-date system,
with
the latest kernel, Xconfigurator, etc. Assuming an install has been
done
off of yellowdog/champion-1.0/ppc what rpm's should be used next? I'm
hoping we can just get a series of lines along the lines of:

        rpm -Uvh
ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/updates/whatever.rpm
        rpm -Uvh
ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/updates/whatever-else.rpm
        rpm -Uvh
ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/updates/more.rpm
        rpm -Uvh
ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/updates/still-more.rpm

at the end of which we have a happy, snappy, up-to-the-second system.

Reid