X Server Problems

Neil Jolly (jollyn@cadvision.com)
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 20:18:10 -0600

    I'm using Window Maker as my primary window manager, and if I leave
the machine idle for a while I come back to the following error message.

Fatal server error
fbdevUpdateColormap: FBIOPUTCMAP failed (function not implemented)

I can see that calling a function not inplemented would certainly cause
problems, but I'm not sure what is calling the function. I suspect it's
xset, or at least I think that's what Window Maker uses for a
scrrensaver. Anybody know how I can stop this from happening?

Neil Jolly