Re: Asante Not-so-Friendlynet 10/100 Ethernet card

Subject: Re: Asante Not-so-Friendlynet 10/100 Ethernet card
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 11:19:09 MST

Here's my conf.modules file:

alias eth0 tulip

I still have my tulip.o module for the 2.2.6 kernel hanging around (I
now use 2.2.14) which is 55,578 bytes long - would you like to try it?

What happens just before the kernel panic? Could it be that the kernel
you made got corrupted? FWIW the stock Yellow Dog kernel is 2.8 mb and
my 2.2.14 with only what I need (and patched for MOL) is 2.3 mb so...how
did you get it onto a floppy??? You are making vmlinux (uncompressed)
vs. vmlinuz (compressed), correct?