Annoying, Anoying Backspace Difficulties

Subject: Annoying, Anoying Backspace Difficulties
From: Sean Bittinger (bittin_s@cc.denison.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 14:24:53 MST

Help! This is getting quite annoying. In X my delete key ceases to work as
a backspace. In the "regular" CLI it works fine, press it and the letter in
front of it disappears. However, when I use it in an xterm (or any other
thing in X that excepts typing), nothing. I have to be in front of the
letter (forward delete). So annoying. I've tried the xmodmap -e "keycode
50 = Backspace" but to no avail. I just get a message stating, "Backspace
is unrecognized" (something like this at least, get the jist). If I do
xmodmap -pke | grep Backspace it finds nothing (finds three for delete).
HELP! This is so annoying. I'm running YDL CS 1.1 on a rev2 B&W G3 and
using afterstep. Thanks for any and all help that you can give.

-Rogan