Re: POP3 Server

Subject: Re: POP3 Server
From: Guillaume Marçais (gus@nist.gov)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 16:27:55 MST

> How do you set up linux to act as a pop3 server (I want to be able to
> check my mail remotely using, let say, Netscape). I have tried many
> things, but it seems that I need some help.
>
> Thanks.

  First, make sure that the pop3 daemon (ipop3d) is install:
        rpm -ivh imap
  Second, uncomment in the /etc/inetd.conf the line that allow pop-3
connection:
        pop-3 stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd ipop3d
  Third, send the signal 1 to inetd to force it to reread the conf file:
        killall -1 inetd

  It should work...

  Hope it helps,
  Guillaume.