Re: CS 1.2

Subject: Re: CS 1.2
From: Phil Kirschner (pak1@cec.wustl.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 01:40:23 MST

Yeah Sophomore year! I haven't written a single paper since I got
here. At least not in English anyway. Plenty 'o Spanish (2nd
major), and more code than I can remember. Java, C++ (like right
now), Gawk, Perl, whatever.....

>They actually expect us to do work that doesn't interest us at all! If you
>work it right, you don't have to write papers! I haven't had to write a
>paper since first semester freshman year, it's now second semester
>sophomore year! 2+ semesters without writing a single paper! Yeah, I've
>written more code than I care to think about, but no actually english, just
>Java, C, C++, Pascal, and everyone's favorite Assembler language for the
>MC68HC12.
>

> >You know I get the feeling that the 4 of us or so who's names I keep seeing
> >tonight are the only people in America who are up for this reason. The rest
> >of the country doesn't know what they are missing. It's getting there I can
> >feel it.
> >
> >-Rogan
> >
> >P.S. Don't worry, I'm up writing a paper that's due tomorrow, so I'll be
> >with you guys all night. What is the collegiate education system in this
> >country coming to, I ask you?

"Today's CS lecture will be conducted entirely through the medium of
interpretive dance."
        -Something I've always wanted to hear but never will.