Re: YDL CS 1.2

Subject: Re: YDL CS 1.2
From: Dennis Murphy (dmurphy@leguin.montclair.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 08:07:42 MST

High speed Internet connections?

I wish.

We have ~2000 students in the dorms, ~500 lab computers, ~1500 faculty
computers, not to mention all of the servers, etc., as well as the 500-line
ISP we're running now, and it's all through a single T1.

I remember when we had speed. Now, on a GOOD day, I'll get 1.5K/sec
downloads.

I've resorted to setting up a 56K modem in my office and using K-Mart's free
internet service (www.bluelight.com).

Does anyone know of a free ISP that works with Linux?

---
  Dennis Murphy
  Montclair State University
  College of Science & Mathematics