Audio on the iBook?

Subject: Audio on the iBook?
From: Sam Lantinga (hercules@lokigames.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 14:26:25 MST

Is there any support for audio on the iBook?

I looked at the dmasound module, and it doesn't turn on audio because
the iBook apparently doesn't have the "awacs" or "davbus" devices. It
does however have a "sound" device, with a parent of "i2s-a" (I think).

I tried forcing the audio to work by pretending that the sound->parent
module was indeed a "davbus" device, but it locked up as expected.

Is there support for it, or planned support?

Thanks!

--
	-Sam Lantinga, Lead Programmer, Loki Entertainment Software