Re: 'free' and 'top' show the wrong amount of RAM

Subject: Re: 'free' and 'top' show the wrong amount of RAM
From: Robert Fout (rfout@mahi.damien.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 20:09:13 MST

That sounds like the most plausible answer so far, but why would the top and
free that come with MKL DR3 show me the 'true' amount of RAM?

Upon thinking more.. wouldn't the RAM used by the kernel show up under the
'used' column?
"The knack to flying is learning how to
throw yourself at the ground and miss."

>From "Life the Universe and Everything"
by Douglas Adams

Robert Fout
MacOS Guru and MkLinux/Yellowdog Linux User
rfout@damien.edu
http://osx.damien.edu/rfout/
ICQ# 48433406