Re: 'free' and 'top' show the wrong amount of RAM

Subject: Re: 'free' and 'top' show the wrong amount of RAM
From: Jeff Ridder (jridder@gci.net)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 20:22:16 MST

I know this sounds kinda strange, but would be the use?? You can't swap it,
you cant reclaim it. And its not actually a program running unlike the
entire rest of the software running. Consider it as one of the trade offs
of being in a clean, protected, and stable environment :)

Jeff Ridder
jridder@gci.net