Re: Making new accounts

Subject: Re: Making new accounts
From: Tim Long (tim.long@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 03:42:58 MST

At the terminal prompt, type useradd yourname, where yourname is your name and press return. Then type passwd youname, you will be prompted to enter a password, twice, then you should get 'passwd, all authentication tokens updated successfully'.
Anew folder with called yourname will be added to the /home directory. You can change to root in a terminal at any time by ttyping su root and entering root password.

I am pleased to be of help as I am a new ydl user too.

I have follwed the excitement over the new release of ydl 1.2 ans have also visitred the empty mirror ftp sites in Europe expecting to find the new release. Perhaps those with experience could help those with little or none instead of flapping over the new and late release. How do you install it anyway? : p

Sorry to sound like a scolding teacher.

Tim
Geof Gowan wrote:

Umm, how do I make a new account? I feel silly always logging in as root.

This may seem like a simple question, but I've looked around for a couple
of days for a HOWTO or man page on this and, since I'm not even sure what
the command is, I have had no luck.

Thanks in advance,

-Geof

Geof Gowan      geofg@clas.ufl.edu

**Better do to no end than nothing**
http://www.ingeb.org/songs/onasumme.html
**Oh the buzzing of the bees in the cigarette trees!**

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/tim.long My web site
http://adeweb.uwic.ac.uk/fineart/research.  Fine Art Research at UWIC.