Re: Sendmail (Was: Got Lombard PowerBook)

Subject: Re: Sendmail (Was: Got Lombard PowerBook)
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 11:25:15 MST

Hi - Two things you should check.

1) In /etc/hosts make sure there is a valid entry for the hostname/domain
you gave your machine. An example would be something like...

192.168.10.14 freyr.yggdrasill.net freyr

If you have other aliases for your machine (in /etc/sendmail.cw), I believe
you will also want an entry for each of those.

2) In /etc/host.conf you will want a line that looks like...

order hosts,bind

As is sort of implied, ordering here is important. You want to make sure
it first looks in your /etc/hosts (hosts) before trying to contact a
name server (bind).

Jim

Paul J. Lucas's bits of Fri, 3 Mar 2000 translated to: