Re: Book club or porting

Subject: Re: Book club or porting
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 11:41:52 MST

Hmmm? I don't disagree with you on the spoiled part ;) Been using Linux
since the days when even building and installing "ported" software often
required a couple hours of tweaking and coercing. But the package in question
is proprietary and can't just be built from a tar ball. Clones developed by
others in the community are the only real option. And I think the general
question was simply one of whether people are going to be actively working
to increase the number of tools available for PPC Linux users. The answer
to that, IMHO, is a definitive yes.

Jim

Stew Benedict's bits of Fri, 3 Mar 2000 translated to: