Re: CS 1.2

Subject: Re: CS 1.2
From: Jack Valois (jvalois@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 12:40:04 MST

on 3/2/00 11:40 PM, Dan Burcaw at dburcaw@terraplex.com wrote:

> Ook, today I fixed 2 showstoppers.. basically mouseconfig and kbdconfig
> were not doing "the right thing" (TM) for USB vs. ADB. Luckily, since we
> have one machine representing every class of Power Macintosh, we found
> this one pretty quickly.
>
> I also fixed that last issue with the installer.
>
> Meanwhile, Stephen has been cranking like mad on YUP...
>
> I'm building as we speak the final kernel RPMs.
>
> We're really almost there this time...
>
> Next time we'll spring a release on yall instead of setting a date.. that
> was not a good idea... the last minute things prove to be time consuming.

Actually, knowing something is coming is much better than just springing it
on us. It allows us to plan. The problem is that some people just can't
wait, and cause a distraction to you. It's nice to see that there is so
much enthusiasm about this distribution.

I would much rather see you slip the date and get a good stable release than
make the date and ship something that actually causes more problems for me
and for that matter you too, answering a flood of support questions.

> I'm going to bed now (was up till 3am last night and had to wake up at
> 6am) cause I'm super tired.
>
> Stephen says that YUP will be waiting for me in the morning.
> If this is true, CS 1.2 should be popping up by mid-day tomorrow.

Get some sleep, and keep up the good work!!!!

Jack