Re: installing ydl 1.2?

Subject: Re: installing ydl 1.2?
From: Evan Read (eread@netaccess.co.nz)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 14:21:55 MST

Depends a little on the final directory structure I believe. I think Dan
will prolly tell everyone once the distro is ready to go.

Probably what you will do is go here:
ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/champion1.2/ppc/

Then download Everything in the "YellowDog" and "install" directories. I
think you will need to have the YellowDog folder in the root directory of
your MacOS partition (assuming you have one). You then would probably
(based on experience) put the ramdisk.image.gz (no doubt in the install
directory you downloaded) in your system folder (and overwrite an existing
one if applicable) and run BootX (you should be using ver 1.2 by now) with
the "no video driver" and "use ramdisk" options selected. This will boot
the ramdisk in your system folder (no doubt) which will contain the CS 1.2
installer. The install procedure is highly self-explainatory. Just
remember that when it asks you where the files are, you specify "HFS
partition" or something like that. All should be cool.

No doubt Dan will release some notes if things are dramatically different,
but I don't see that happening (except for YuP).

If you already have CS 1.1 (which I think you do, you are on here a bit
aren't you?), then you can just format and install over your old distro. If
not, then I hope you have already partitioned your drive and given yourself
some unallocated space by this stage ;)

Hope this helps (or as I think I have seen Rob Lineweaver say) "I hope I
have said something useful" ;)

Thanks