XDM question

Subject: XDM question
From: Robert Fout (rfout@mahi.damien.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 10:54:13 MST

I've been thinking of switching from runlevel 3 to 5, for security reasons.
I think on this list there was a discussion about starting X from the
command line, locking the X console, you leaving your computer, someone
switching to virtual console 1, stopping your X session, and using your
login from there. I know you can 'startx &', then switch back to VT 1 and
logout, and then lock the X session, but that's kinda cumbersome for me.

Okay, on to the questions. I switched to runlevel 5, rebooted, and XDM came
up. What file do I edit to tell XDM to use icewm, instead of its default
choices : KDE, GNOME, AfterStep, default and failsafe?

Bob
"The knack to flying is learning how to
throw yourself at the ground and miss."

>From "Life the Universe and Everything"
by Douglas Adams

Robert Fout
MacOS Guru and MkLinux/Yellowdog Linux User
rfout@damien.edu
http://osx.damien.edu/rfout/
ICQ# 48433406