Re: XDM question

Subject: Re: XDM question
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2000 - 11:52:46 MST

Robert Fout's bits of Sat, 4 Mar 2000 translated to:

>Okay, on to the questions. I switched to runlevel 5, rebooted, and XDM came
>up. What file do I edit to tell XDM to use icewm, instead of its default
>choices : KDE, GNOME, AfterStep, default and failsafe?

Are you sure you are running xdm directly? As opposed to kdm or gdm? I
don't think raw xdm even provides menu selection for session type. Then
again, I haven't done a whole lot with it.

If you are using gdm, then take a look at the files in /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions.
You can probably figure it out from there.

If you are using kdm, take a look a the kdmconfig utility.

Jim