Re: CS 1.2 Success

Subject: Re: CS 1.2 Success
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 22:58:46 MST

I'm pretty curious if any of this occurs for folks with a clean install.
AbiWord works great on all of my fresh installs.
Xconfigurator works with No Video Driver, and is "funny" with Rage Pros...
usually X boots fine after reboot even if it says that X setup failed.
Xemacs doesn't come with CS, sure this isn't lingering around?

> I just upgraded my mac from CS1.1 to CS1.2, using FTP. Everything worked
> fine.. hmm, Xconfigurator didn't work fine (or at all) but that is ok.
> So installation was painless.
> There are some problems after installation:
> Abiword segfaults...
> Yellowdog link XEmacs doesn't work...
> Sound is dead... XMMS works without a complaint, but no sound
> XWindows settings got screwed up. I can have only 8bit depth display.
> 15, 24 bit depths are "unsupported" by xfbdev and xpmac (I tried both).
> The screen was off center and I am having trouble putting it in a right
> position (xvidtune is dead). How do you lower the screen when you have
> modeline settings like this->
> Modeline "1024x768" 78.525 1024 1101 1197 1312 768 769 772 820
> I can't go lower than this (769 772) or can I?. What should I do?
>
> The rest seems OK for now.
> In any case it was easier than I had anticipated.
>
> My model:
> All-in-one macintosh (no USB stuff).
>
> Vanja Bucic
> Bartol Research Institute
> University of Delaware

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations and Parallel Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/