ftp install of Champion 1.2 woes

Subject: ftp install of Champion 1.2 woes
From: Eric Holtam (esh002@drake.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 23:38:07 MST

I've been trying to install champion 1.2 via ftp off a T1 line for two nights now and every time I get to the point of getting the base/comps file, it complains that there was an error trying to set the remote server to passive mode. Has anyone else had problems like this? I've tried multiple servers to no avail. Any time of the day I get the same problem (i.e. 1am, 10am, 2pm, 8pm, etc...) Is there something I'm doing wrong in the install?
Thanks,
-Eric