Re: 1.2 upgrade problem...

Subject: Re: 1.2 upgrade problem...
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 00:40:48 MST

First, go into single user mode (init=/bin/bash in the BootX kernel
arguments) remount your drive read-write and check your default runlevel
to 3... this is why runlevel 5 is a sometimes bad.

Then, check the contents of /etc/syconfig/keyboard

I'll say it again, Upgrade installs do weird things.. :\

> Here's another one. This is on a B/W G3 with USB.
>
> During the boot process, the system says "press 'I' to go into
> interactive startup' -- since I couldn't boot, I figured I'd try it.
>
> Holding down 'I' through the fsck shows the 'I's printing, but then
> it comes back and says:
>
> Enabling swap space 5
> INIT: Entering runlevel: 5
> Entering Interactive Startup
> Start service network (Y)es/(N)o/(C)ontinue? [Y}
>
> at this point, the keyboard is now scragged -- I try to print a Y, N
> or whatevever, and I get bogus characters (I now prints at 5, Y as m,
> shift as /, etc...) -- so things are stuck again. For some reason,
> the keyboard reading is messed up at this point...
>
> --
> --
> Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui@plaidworks.com)
> Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq@apple.com)
>
> And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
> and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations and Parallel Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/