Re: Permissions for public_html folder?

Subject: Re: Permissions for public_html folder?
From: Reid Anderson (resander@cs.hamilton.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 01:23:36 MST

It is configured to allow it, but only those that already have sites have
been granted permissions, I can get them, but when the SCSI controller
crapper out last week, they haven't gotten everything back in place. Don't
worry, I am not trying to sneak my web space onto the server, it's common
knowledge that this site will be there as it has been posted in our class
newsgroup which includes the admin of the wonderful machine we call Big-Oh!
Oh, did I mention that my G4 can smoke Big-Oh! Big-Oh is a dual PII 400 with
256MB RAM! I have a G4 500Mhz with 256MB RAM. I am positive my system can
outrun Big-Oh, but the admin of Big-Oh won't allow some simple testing.
Personally, I think he's just scared that a students machine that costs
about $2,500 is going to outrun his server that costs about $10,000! Well,
it's late and I have class at 9am (only 5.5 hours from now) and I need to
get some sleep! Thanks for the help, I'll talk to Aaron (admin) and see if
he can set up my web permissions.

Thanks