Re: Installer doesn't recognize CD...

Subject: Re: Installer doesn't recognize CD...
From: Jack Valois (jvalois@pacbell.net)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 09:52:39 MST

on 3/6/00 4:41 PM, Evan Read at eread@netaccess.co.nz wrote:

>> At 2:52 PM -0900 3/6/2000, Jeff Ridder wrote:
>>> Did you create the CD in ISO format?
>>
>> Hmm. Probably not. But I thought I created it in the same format as
>> my 1.1 disks. Back to the drawing board.
>>

> Make sure the the directory "YellowDog" is at the root level on the CD.
>
> The other option is to copy the "YellowDog" folder onto a HFS partition.
> Instead of selecting "CDROM install", go with "Hard Drive" and select the
> partition "YellowDog" lives on.

I've tried this and the install fails to find a lot of packages. I took a
look at the files on the HFS partition, and it turns out that some of the
names are too long, and get mangled. This caused me a lot of frustration
until I figured out what has happening.

I was finally successful in doing an FTP install last night from
ftp.yellowdoglinux.com.

Jack