Re: switching desktop enviornment help...

Subject: Re: switching desktop enviornment help...
From: Evan Read (eread@netaccess.co.nz)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 10:55:16 MST

You need to type ".xinitrc" make sure the "." is at the front and make sure
it is in the home directory of the user who wants kde.

May I suggest again that you stick with Gnome? ;)

This technique has worked since the beginning of time with YDL.

if you are user "andrew" (and you use defaults), the file might be:

/home/andrew/.xinitrc

to make sure it is there, inside your home directory, type "ls -la". That
will present all the "dot" files.