Re: switching desktop enviornment help...

Subject: Re: switching desktop enviornment help...
From: Evan Read (eread@netaccess.co.nz)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 11:54:49 MST

Well, I don't see the answer as all that interesting ;)

I just see Gnome as where all the inovation is. Eazel is coming on board,
Helix desktop and all those apps look interesting.

Gnome is power. ;) Should I say that "Enlightenment is power". Gnome has a
few nice things too ;)

I decided to leave KDE behind when a Mac friend of mine commented how much
it looks like CDE. ;) Also when I saw Nautilus ;). And heard about Gnome
2. And also found that all the apps I wanted were written for Gtk.

Gnome is more work right now, I think. But if I wasn't in the mood for
work, I wouldn't be running Linux ;)