CS 1.1 Install on AGP G4/400

Subject: CS 1.1 Install on AGP G4/400
From: Chris Funk (chris@acip.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 15:44:18 MST

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I can't seem to find another posting
with a similar problem. I've been trying to install CS 1.1 on my G4/400
(AGP), using the BootX method recommended on the YellowDog website (using
the BootX 1.2b3, and the vmlinux.ibook.9 kernel).

CS 1.1 appears to install correctly, but, when I boot, I get a strange error
message, "System.map has incorrect kernel version," as each of the processes
start up. The processes appear to start OK, and I can log in as root
without any difficulty, but when I do a 'ps', none of them are listed. I've
checked the System.map, in the boot folder, and the file is named after the
2.2.6-16 kernel, which I assume is the version contained in a normal CS 1.1
install. However the kernel that is actually installed is 2.2.14pre9. Is
it possible to change the System.map file to reflect the different kernel,
or has something gone wrong in the original install process?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Chris Funk
Director, Finance & Administration