Re: Upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2

Subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 23:06:37 MST

Partitioning is always a bit of a guessing game, but based on what you have
said, I would probably suggest about 1 GB /, 128 MB swap, and the rest on
a /home partition. As long as you don't format /home when you upgrade, then
all the data on that partition will remain intact. But that is not to say
you shouldn't still back it up somewhere ;)

Jim

Reid Anderson's bits of Tue, 7 Mar 2000 translated to: