Re: Window Managers (was, "switching desktop help...")

Subject: Re: Window Managers (was, "switching desktop help...")
From: Sean Bittinger (bittin_s@cc.denison.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 01:23:30 MST

All right Dan, I went to the website where I found this:

    I am running the latest Window Maker on my G3 PB. .60 to be exact. If
    you use a new WM.. make sure you install the newest libproplist as well,
    I am using 0.8.3. I got the source from windowmaker.org as well as the
    WM tarball. After you install libproplist.. make sure you do an
    'ldconfig' and ensure the path is in your ld.so.conf (you will get an
    error when you try to set WM with out it.

Is this what you are referring to? If not, what then? If this is it, where
from Yellow Dog, can I get the libproplist. from??? Also, when I get it,
what lib directory should it go in (i.e. /lib, /usr/lib, /usr/X11R6/lib,
etc.), or will the installer take care of that? If time, space, and
patience permits please be detailed in you response. Thanks for all that
you do :)

-Rogan

P.S. Why doesn't the CS 1.1 install put this lib in? Will CS 1.2?