Re: iBook SE shutting down when booting

Subject: Re: iBook SE shutting down when booting
From: le desordre, c'est moi (il0001@drake.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 13:23:16 MST

another thing to double check would be the yaboot.config file, it should
read similar to this:

image=hd:10,vmlinux.ibook.9
label=linux
novideo
root=/dev/hda12

image=hd:10,vmlinux.ibook.9
label=install
initrd=hd:10,ramdisk.image.gz
novideo

adjusted of course for which partition is your root partition.
as you can see, this allows you to either install or boot from the yaboot
prompt by merely typing "install" or "linux"

oh yeah. . one more thing. i believe yaboot has to reside on an hfs (not
hfs+) partition. . . can anyone verify this?

-ian
http://www.tchc.org/checkmate

il0001@drake.edu
ersrhead@mac.com