Re: Can't install cs 1.1 from CD on G3 MT

Subject: Re: Can't install cs 1.1 from CD on G3 MT
From: Don Ellis (donls@michelob.wustl.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 11:14:38 MST

Thanks, Ian! This should go in the FAQ.

I didn't want to unplug my [internal] zip drive, nor the [internal]
ATA hard drive, so I just unplugged everything beyond the 2G drive I
was installing on, leaving just the 2G external. It worked, pretty
much as advertised. I tried plugging in the external 3G drive and
leaving the external Jaz2 unplugged, but no go. The MacOS partition
on the 2G turned out to have defaulted to HFS+, so I am going to play
with that one a little more, but everything else is looking pretty
good now.

As you said, not quite a usable system yet, but it's getting there!

A KVM switch will be really helpful. I'm running IPNetRouter on a
IIci for my connection to the outside world. Would like to isolate
several functions that way in a "thin server" setup. IPNetRouter
gives me a DHCP server, so I don't have to deal with assigning
addresses.