problem with netscape

Subject: problem with netscape
From: Robert Fout (rfout@damien.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 18:06:16 MST

Has anyone have this same problem with netscape 4.6 (whatever is on the 1.1
CD)? You run it the first time, set your preferences, use it some, works
fine. Then you quit. When you relaunch it, it freezes, and only a kill -9
will close it.

I was able to get it to work again last night by de-installing it, then
reinstalling, and playing with the file /usr/bin/netscape (that does some
magical stuff so it really launches
/usr/lib/netscape/netscape-communicator... a program in /usr/lib, how stupid
is that?) Or maybe I made my own sym link from
/usr/lib/netscape/netscape-communicator to /usr/bin/netscape, don't
remember. I'm gonna FTP 4.7 today, I'll see of it runs.

Bob
"The knack to flying is learning how to
throw yourself at the ground and miss."

>From "Life the Universe and Everything"
by Douglas Adams

Robert Fout
MacOS Guru and MkLinux/Yellowdog Linux User
rfout@damien.edu
http://osx.damien.edu/rfout/
ICQ# 48433406