Re: Configure Netatalk for encrypted auth?

Subject: Re: Configure Netatalk for encrypted auth?
From: Andrew Dacey (frugal@hfx.eastlink.ca)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 00:42:13 MST

I don't think it would be too difficult to do it on the Linux side.
However, as I understand it, Appletalk sends the passwords in plain
text. As I said, you could probably hack something for it on the linux
side (say md5 digest authentication), but making it work on the macos
side would be a bit more difficult.

Frugal