Re: Why won't configure work...

Subject: Re: Why won't configure work...
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 01:11:25 MST

Do you mean configure as in the command you use to generate make files
before building and installing a package? If so, it is not a system
command, but instead a script that comes along with the package. If
we are talking about the same here, and you are getting something
like "configure: Command not found.", then you probably don't have "."
in your path. Have you tried typing ./configure instead of just
configure?

Jim

Sean Bittinger's bits of Fri, 10 Mar 2000 translated to: