Help with WindowMaker

Subject: Help with WindowMaker
From: Sean Bittinger (bittin_s@cc.denison.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 09:35:35 MST

OK, for anyone who has been following and is attentive enough, you'll know
that I've been trying to get WindowMaker to work. Well, it isn't. I got
the libPropList-0.9.1 from www.windowmaker.org, I installed it, and I ran
"ldconfig." No here's the problem. ld.so.conf appears to be pointing to
/usr/lib (is this an ok lib directory for it???) and in /usr/lib there are
these files:

libPropList-0.9.1
libPropList.a
libPropList.1a
libPropList.so
libPropList.so.0
libPropList.so.0.1.1

yet WindowMaker still won't run. Are these the right files, the right
directories, and did I ldconfig rigt (I simply typed, after installing,
ldconfig, and then checked /etc/ld.so.conf for it)? Please help, I'm going
to be a way for about a weak and would like to get WindowMaker working
before I leave tomorrow. Thanks for all the help so far.

-Rogan