Re: xfree86 4.0 to ship with CS 1.2?

Subject: Re: xfree86 4.0 to ship with CS 1.2?
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 16:10:51 MST

Nope.

XFree86 4 is not yet perfect on PPC, and also.. it is a new config file
format... so we couldn't just decide to delay to include it.

> What I would like to know if YellowDog 1.2 will ship on CD with the Xfree86
> 4 binaries?
>
> When I saw this I thought "that is a mighty fine reason to delay the ISO
> images and the CD manufacturing". Please, take another week to get Xfree86
> 4 running sweetly ;)
>
> Thanks
>
> > From: "le desordre, c'est moi" <il0001@drake.edu>
> > Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 23:25:31 -0600
> > To: yellowdog <yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com>
> > Subject: xfree86 4.0
> >
> > just noticed the release of this. . .will it have any impact on accelerated
> > support for uma machines? i'm still having trouble getting anything but 8
> > bit color on my imac dv even using xpmac. these are things i know almost
> > nothing about, so i apologize in advance if this is a stupid question ;-)
> >
> > -ian
> > -----------------------------
> > http://www.tchc.org/checkmate
> >
> > il0001@drake.edu
> > ersrhead@mac.com

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations and Parallel Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/