Video Acceleration on B/W G3

Subject: Video Acceleration on B/W G3
From: Mike Beattie (mbeattie@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 08:45:24 MST

Just the other day I upgraded to CS 1.2, and I was hoping that in this
version there would be a video driver built in that would support
acceleration on my B/W G3's Rage 128 card. Is there?

I was able to pull a "video=aty128fb:vmode:17,cmode:32" kernel argument
from Reid Ellis' YDL FAQ, but I have been unsuccessful configuring X with
that argument in place. When I run Xconfigurator, I receive an error that
the test of X had failed.

I've just been running with "No Video Driver" selected in BootX for way too
long and was getting tired of choppy screen redraws. Thanks for any help
you can provide.

--Until next time.
     Mike Beattie

mbeattie@andrew.cmu.edu