Re: Q: How to install from hard disk

Subject: Re: Q: How to install from hard disk
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2000 - 12:34:13 MST

Brock,

Where are you putting the 'YellowDog' directory?

When the installer asks you for the path to the YellowDog install tree,
its going to append '/YellowDog/RPMS/' to the path that you provide it.

So, if you have YellowDog/ right inside your hard disk, all you need to
put into the field when it asks you is: '/'

Hope this helps,
Dan

> I've been trying for several days to figure out how to install YDL 1.2 from
> an HFS partition and I can't get it to work. I've done this before with
> previous versions, with LinuxPPC and even with MK...can anyone give me a
> detailed rundown on how I need to setup my HD to install from it? Thanks.
>
> ...just to tell you what I've done so far is to download the entire
> directory that contains all of the install materials:
> ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com//pub/yellowdog/champion-1.2/ppc/
>
> I put this on an HFS partition located at /dev/hda12
>
> re-boot into the redhat installer, point it to /dev/hda12 and it says it
> can't find the files it needs. I've tried re-arranging the files many
> different ways and nothing works. Any ideas?
>
> -> Brock

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations and Parallel Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/