Re: Xconfigurator weirdness and TrueColor (Was: What's compiled into the kernels ...)

Subject: Re: Xconfigurator weirdness and TrueColor (Was: What's compiled into the kernels ...)
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 01:41:47 MST

Paul J. Lucas's bits of Sun, 12 Mar 2000 translated to:

> Oh, I had to rerun Xconfigurator; but, when trying to do the
> test, it died. So I went and edited XF86Config by hand. One
It has always done this with my PowerBook. But with newer versions of
Xconfigurator the XF86Config file it generated actually worked when
I went back and ran startx.

> weird thing it did was to create a Display section with a depth
> of 15 -- yes 15, not 16.
I believe the newer versions were tweeked to set the depth to 15 instead
of 16, because FBDev didn't like 16. It also doesn't like 32 at all.

Jim