Re: depmod: unresolved symbol(s) (Was: What's compiled into the kernels ...)

Subject: Re: depmod: unresolved symbol(s) (Was: What's compiled into the kernels ...)
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 03:26:24 MST

Paul J. Lucas's bits of Sun, 12 Mar 2000 translated to:

>On Sat, 11 Mar 2000, I wrote:
>
>> I decided to build my own kernel. ... It took a couple of tries, but
>> it works now ...
>
> Almost... I get unresolved symbol(s) errors upon booting or
>
> P.S.: When building a kernel, is it OK to "strip vmlinux"
> before installation?
I believe so. The stock CS kernels are stripped. Sorry I can't help with
the unresolved symbols; 2.2.15-2.9.0 doesn't seem to want to build at
all with your .config. If I can get a build when I have more time to
mess with it, I will let you know if I see the same problems.

Jim