Re: CS 1.2 installer

Subject: Re: CS 1.2 installer
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 16:07:37 MST

Yes, the new ramdisk will be placed on ftp this afternoon, in place of the
previous ramdisk.image.gz. All that has changed is the one line fix for
folks that are using kernels with the ramdisk that do not have USB Proc
support. Again, I recommend using our kernels, but in the case of some
CHRP and PReP machines, this isn't possible.

> Thanks,
>
> But I can't get the file
> http://www.terraplex.com/~dburcaw/ramdisk.image.gz
> with my browser from http site. The file is automatically downloaded in bad
> format.
> Can you place this file on the yellowdoglinux ftp site or can you show me
> who I can get it ?
>

> At 14:53 11/03/2000 -0700, you wrote:
> >For anyone that was not using CS 1.2 kernels with the CS 1.2 ramdisk and
> >getting a seg fault after language selection, I've fixed this problem.
> >
> >If you are using a Mac, I strongly suggest using our stock vmlinux.
> >
> >Folks with certain CHRP or PReP machines may have to use their own
> >patched kernel for their hardware. If this is the case, use the ramdisk
> >at: http://www.terraplex.com/~dburcaw/ramdisk.image.gz
> >
> >Regards,
> >Dan
> >
> >Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
> > Yellow Dog Linux
> > "The Ultimate Companion for a Dedicated Server"
> > http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/
> >
> > Black Lab Linux
> > Advanced Workstations and Parallel Solutions
> > http://www.blacklablinux.com/
>
> -----
> [ Philippe SENOT | Tel. (+33) 03.87.31.58.63 ]
> [ Responsable Service Info du LPMC | Fax. (+33) 03.87.31.58.01 ]
> [ Institut de Physique,1 Bd Arago | Abroad replace 03 by 3 above ]
> [ 57078 METZ Cedex 3, FRANCE | senot@ipc.sciences.univ-metz.fr]

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.