Re: ISO and cdrecord

Subject: Re: ISO and cdrecord
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 03:41:20 MST

Hi - For burning the YDL image, you won't get to play with mkisofs or
mkhybrid ;) Since you will already have the image, all you have to do
is run cdrecord.

Start with...

cdrecord -scanbus

Somewhere in the output, you should see a line describing your CDR

0,6,0 6) 'TEAC ' 'CD-R55S ' '1.0N' Removable CD-ROM

The important part will be the first three numbers. Using that
information, start burning your CD with...

cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=0,6,0 -data ydl-cs-1.2-install.img

where speed is whatever is appropriate for your CDR and dev is the first
three numbers for your device, as displayed with the -scanbus options.

Jim

Phil Kirschner's bits of Tue, 14 Mar 2000 translated to: