Thanks, & I got Accel to work

Subject: Thanks, & I got Accel to work
From: John Boyarsky (jboyarsky@ftyukon.yfsd.schoolzone.net)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 01:18:33 MST

Again Thank You Vanja, but your fix didn't quite work as said...

Forst off I was passing video=atyfb:vmode=13,cmode=24 to the kernel
without success. Seems as if YDL does not like 832x624 75Hz. Instead i
passed"...vmode=11...", and had the monitor already set on that and was
able to see things. From there,runlevel 3, i typed "setup" and ran
Xconfigurator.

In XConfigurator i tried about half a dozen monitors, the iMac settings
just did not work no matter what resolution i used. I checked the manual
and got the Video settings for the monitor. Finally i used the Apple
Multiscan 15AV, that was best, but still not very good. I tried CUSTOM
setup too, and was able to set the vertical Hz at Super enhanced SVGA,
but i could not custom setup the hiroz refresh rate. (In XConfig is says
i am sposed to be able to set my own rate, but there is no way to do
it..as far as I can see).

So when i get the XServer up and running (in whatever monitor i have set
up so far) in 24bit 800x600, 832x624, and 1024x768 the monitor
overscans the top and/or right edges of the screen for all of them but
1024x768. But i cannot use 1024 for verylong because the slow scan rate
is dark and hurts my eyes.
I wanna use 832x624, but it is half-an-inch off the right, top and
bottom of the screens.

Any ideas?

John