Re: no sound with kernel 2.2.6 on B&W G3

Subject: Re: no sound with kernel 2.2.6 on B&W G3
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 12:29:48 MST

> Someone might ask, well why wasn't it compiled in directly? Because it
> breaks sound in general for other PPC systems.

Additionally, there were some problems early on with dmasound hanging G4s
if compiled in.. I'm not certain if this has been fixed or not.

Like Kevyn said, dmasound is finally being reworked.. this is great news
as dmasound is really bad right now.

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations and Parallel Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/