Re: question for everyone

Subject: Re: question for everyone
From: Don Ellis (donls@mail.sluug.org)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 22:19:43 MST

I think I have received messages from as far back as 1904, or at least 1970 ;-)

I try to explain to ordinary users why they need to be aware of their
clock setting. Of course when the administrator at your ISP can't
figure it out, it gets really irritating. And when you sort by date,
those with bad clock settings go way up on the list where you have to
consciously look for them.

Just one more thing to be aware of.

Now, what about the question in the installer that asks whether the
hardware clock is set to UCT (Zulu/GMT). Doesn't this really apply
only if your organization runs on GMT, such as the FAA or NOAA?