Success with CS 1.2

Subject: Success with CS 1.2
From: Jeff (spike@jeppo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 08:25:47 MST

I just want to report my success with CS 1.2.

Yesterday I downloaded the ISO image, burned a copy with Toast and ran the
install. The install ran smooth. I was able to boot up, add a user, and
run startx. KDE came up without a hitch. This was all on the first
attempt!

Now for some history. I had previously installed CS 1.1 with quite a few
glitches. The installer had errors, the mouse didn't work, my partions
were loading read only, among other problems. Eventually I was able to
get everything working and learned quite a bit in the process.

I am running a PowerMac G4/400 Sawtooth, 128 meg ram, 20 gig internal HD,
4 gig scsi internal HD running off an Apadtec 2930 PowerDomain card
dedicated to Linux. I'm using the stock keyboard and mouse with a 21" VGA
monitor. I am currently set up wtih 128 meg to swap and the rest to root
(This is one of the steps I used to get CS 1.1 working).

I just want to commend the developers of 1.2 for making this the most
painless installation of Linux I have ever seen, and on a brand new,
previously unsupported machine at that!

Thank you :)

Jeff