Re: Some yaboot instructions

Subject: Re: Some yaboot instructions
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 07:14:31 MST

Kevin B. Hendricks's bits of Fri, 17 Mar 2000 translated to:

>Grab the Device Name Registry I sent to the YDL general list and it will
>show you the OF device tree from the MacOS side of things.
>
>>>From that you can check out the Devices:device-tree:aliases to find short
>names for each of your devices.

That was the first thing I tried after the use of hd: kept failing. As
far as I could tell, there was nothing in the alias section that mapped
to a SCSI disk. After enough poking around in Device Name Registry, I
found the boot-device variable and just tried the full blown name it had
listed there. That did the trick, even if I had to retype it a few times
to get it right ;) Your help was invaluable. Thanks.

Jim