sound on G3AIO

Subject: sound on G3AIO
From: John Boyarsky (jboyarsky@ftyukon.yfsd.schoolzone.net)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 05:26:51 MST

Vanja said to:
try
' insmod dmasound '

then use a sound mixer to check if the sound is muted. use
' gmix ' to open mixer

Well, I tried this and got the following error(s)

 insmod dmasound gave me "no module of that name found"

gmix got me no mixers found and a command line error of "this version
was compiled with a different version of soundcard.h." and a KDE
warning saying "Make sure you have sound compiled in the kernel"

BUT when I type "esd" i get a sample sound.... that works.. but naught
else.

Ideas?

John Boyarsky
thinking he is deaf.. eh?