Re: possible sound prob causes

Subject: Re: possible sound prob causes
From: Robert Fout (rfout@damien.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 10:35:32 MST

I am 99% sure that's what gmix told me, and 100% sure that kmix told me it
couldn't read or write from the mixer, despite the fact I had just done a
./MAKEDEV audio in the /dev folder, and the permissions etc. were correct,
and I had su-ed to root at the time. I'll check tonight to make sure that's
what gmix told me, in MacOS right now.

The different CS 1.1 CDs might account for the problems..Dan... any official
word on that?

Bob
"The knack to flying is learning how to
throw yourself at the ground and miss."

>From "Life the Universe and Everything"
by Douglas Adams

Robert Fout
MacOS Guru and MkLinux/Yellowdog Linux User
rfout@damien.edu
http://osx.damien.edu/rfout/
ICQ# 48433406