Re: Looking for a FAQ, or something...

Subject: Re: Looking for a FAQ, or something...
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 22:04:16 MST

Steve Bland's bits of Sat, 18 Mar 2000 translated to:

> I am trying to find a FAQ about YDL showing some issues such as minimum disk partition?
Really depends on what you plan to do. I think 1 GB is the suggested
requirement for a relatively feature rich install. You can get away
with quite a bit less if you have specialized needs (simple mail server,
web server, etc.).

>How does it play with the boot partition tools supplied with MacOSX DR3?
Sorry, no clue on this one.

>Do I have to add stuff to my normal MacOS install or is it enough ot create a partition and boot that partition?
A couple things will need to be added to the MacOS install. Depending on
the machine, you will need either BootX or yaboot as well as a copy of
the kernel.

>Are there any issues running on a Wallstreet G3?
I am using a Lombard G3 with no problems. From what I have read/heard YDL
is doing quite well on the Wallstreets.

>Anyone know of a single source for answers like these?
Don't know of any single comprehensive source. Personally I just tend to
dig through the YDL and LinuxPPC mailing lists.

Jim